The 12 Prettiest Things We Saw at the Home + Housewares Show
All week long we’ve been sharing our discoveries from this year’s Home + Housewares show. We showed you this awesome new Greek Yogurt maker and Bodum’s game-changing stand mixers. We revealed KitchenAid’s new colors and Dansk’s adorable teacups. But now it’s time to round up a few of our absolute favorites, the prettiest and most eye-catching items in the bunch:
1. Mini copper pots from Mauviel (shown above the jump): Mauviel is the top of the line for copper cookware, but we were particularly smitten with these mini pots.
2. Ankarsrum Stand Mixers: We adored these beautiful super mixers from Sweden, now available in the US.
Visit the Website → Ankarsrum USA
3. Honeycomb Tea Towels from Oyoy: Love the pattern and colors on these tea towels from Danish design company Oyoy. Look for them soon in the US at Urban Butik.
4. Orange Tonal Palette from Chef’n: Chef’s newest color line is bright and citrusy! Love the subtle color gradient from the small to the large bowl.
Visit the Website → Chef’n
5. Dansk in Stainless Steel: We’re total suckers for the vintage styling of Dansk Kobenstyle, especially now that it’s in stainless steel! The whole line was super shiny, and totally sleek.
Visit the Website → Dansk Kobenstyle at Crate & Barrel
6. Pif Paf Puf Hanging Storage from Oyoy: Another favorite piece from Oyoy! These multi-purpose containers are made from powder coated metal and hung with leather strings. We could see them in the kitchen to hold fruit, onions, tea towels, etc. Coming soon to Urban Butik.
7. Hammered 5-Ply Stainless Steel Pots from Mauviel: Mauviel’s signature hand-hammered cookware is now available in 5-ply stainless steel as well as copper. The hammered detailing is really stunning in person.
8. Kähler Ora Ceramic Wall Clocks: Not for the kitchen per se, but they’d be perfect for it! Coming soon to Urban Butik.
Visit the Website → Kähler Design
9. Shell Bisque Bowls and Plates from Canvas: This delicate ceramic tableware has a matte outer finish with a shiny pastel interior. Truly understated elegance.
Visit the Website → Canvas
10. Magnetic Knife Block from Artelegno S.N.C.: This Italian company specializes in wooden knife blocks and cutting boards. The curved design of this block, with one wooden strip per knife, was particularly eye-catching.
Visit the Website → Artelegno S.N.C (in Italian)
11. 1-Quart Urban Pitcher from Emile Henry: This pitcher has such a beautiful shape and a gracefully curved handle. Plus, we love the earthy tones it comes in: Slate, Nougat, Sand, and Juniper.
Visit the Website → Emile Henry
12. José Andrés and Philippe Starck for Castey Vacuum Cast Aluminum Cookware: Spanish company Castey is one of the oldest housewares company still operating. Their new vacuum-cast aluminium cookware line is modern and chic. No US distributor yet, but hopefully soon!
Visit the Website → Castey (in Spanish)
(Images: Cambria Bold and Faith Durand)