Our 10 Favorite Fall Foods from Trader Joe’s
It’s the first day of fall and there’s so much to look forward to: Plaid! Colorful leaves! Trader Joe’s snacks! Seriously, the seasonal lineup of fall foods at Trader Joe’s is, hands-down, the best. From savory pumpkin ravioli to apple tarts, we’re totally falling for (get it?) these 10 must-try groceries.
- Organic Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark, $4 for 8 ounces: This granola-meets-chocolate bark mash-up just may be one of the best snacks you eat this fall. The granola is mixed with a double dose of pumpkin and crunchy mix-ins and paired with an irresistible layer of dark chocolate.
- Fall Harvest Salsa, $3 for 12 ounces: Butternut squash, pumpkin, and apple get mixed into this tomato salsa. It’s sweet, spicy, and a little bit tangy. Don’t forget to grab a bag of chips!
- Pumpkin Rolls, $4 for 5 rolls: The only thing better than a tube of TJ’s classic cinnamon rolls is this seasonal favorite. (You can grab one of each if you want to compare in the name of science.) There’s a double dose of pumpkin, mixed into both the dough and icing.
- Pumpkin Vinaigrette, $3.50 for 12 ounces: You’ll want to drizzle this balsamic dressing, with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg, on every salad you make for the rest of the year. It’s 17 percent rich pumpkin purée and 12 percent tangy Italian balsamic vinegar — plus smooth extra-virgin olive oil.
- Butternut Squash Parmigiana, $3.50 for 9 ounces: Move over, eggplant parm! This savory-sweet squash is partnered with a trio of cheeses and a crunchy amaretti topping that takes it over the top. Look for it in the freezer section.
- Harvest Blend Salad Kit, $4.50 for 14 ounces: Even if you aren’t a bagged salad fan, make an exception for this and you’ve got an easy weekday lunch or an instant dinner side. Shredded broccoli and cauliflower stems add heartiness to baby greens and get partnered with a trifecta of pumpkin (we’re talking pumpkin cornbread croutons, crunchy pumpkin seeds, and a sweet and tangy pumpkin vinaigrette).
- Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli, $3.50 for 9 ounces: Pasta night does not get any better than a bowl of ravioli stuffed with a blend of roasted pumpkin, ricotta, and mozzarella.
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Mochi, $3.50 for 6 pieces: Brace yourself for the return of pumpkin mochi! Think: pumpkin pie meets mochi. Packed inside of the orange-hued orb you’ll find lightly spiced pumpkin ice cream with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumble.
- Pumpkin-y Pumpkin Bites, $4 for 12 ounces: Imagine your favorite classic blondies, but with a fall-friendly, pumpkin makeover (think: molasses, oats, brown sugar, notes of cinnamon spice, and, of course pumpkin). They’re great as is, and even better when topped with vanilla ice cream.
- Rustic Apple Tarte, $5 for 18 ounces: This open-faced tart mixes sweet apples with cream cheese, almonds, and cinnamon-sugar. Again, vanilla ice cream doesn’t hurt.
Your turn! What are your favorite fall finds from Trader Joe’s?