The 10 Best Things at IKEA This Summer
When I visited IKEA a while back, the summer collection had just hit stores. I always look forward to IKEA’s seasonal collections (February’s was pretty great), and the summer line is no different. With its recurring pear and strawberry motifs and subtle checks in pink, white, and green, it’s super fun and playful without going over the top. Here are the 10 things I’d totally get for my kitchen.
- Sommar 2015 Tablecloth in assorted patterns, $14.99: These new tablecloths are just so fun. There’s also an acrylic-coated outdoor tablecloth in a pear pattern ($19.99) for easy cleanup.
- Sommar 2015 Apron ($7.99) and Dish Towel ($4.99/2pk) in White Check: This check pattern is my favorite of all the summer items. I love it in the tablecloth (shown above), but the apron and dish towels are a close second. Kind of vintage-looking, but still fresh and stylish.
- Sommar 2015 Tray in Pear Pattern, $4.79: Sweet and a little retro.
- LED Solar-Powered Floor Lamp in Pear Shape and Apple ($19.99): Whimsical pear- and apple-shaped solar-powered lights for the garden, porch, or patio? Okay fine, I’m sold.
- Sommar 2015 Disposable Paper Cups in Assorted Patterns, $1.49/10pk: These would be so fun and easy for an outdoor party.
- Sommar 2015 Dish Towels, $4.99/2pk: The pear pattern has little green polka dots on it, but the raspberry pattern is hard to pass up.
- KULLAR ($7.99) and HÄLSA Steel Vacuum Flasks ($6.99): I love the color mix on these steel flasks, which would be perfect for the picnic basket.
- Sommar 2015 Bowls, $1.79/4pk: Easy, indestructible BPA-free bowls for on-the-go snacks, or an outdoor party.
- SOCKER Plant Pot with Holder, $24.99: Oh man. How much do I love this powder-coated steel planter? You can hang it on your porch rail, which is what I plan to do.
- BITTERGURKA Hanging Planter, $9.99: I will never turn down any piece that combines white and wood. These planters are sold individually, but you can connect them to make a two- or- three-part hanging herb planter.
Have you picked up anything from IKEA’s summer collection?