Dipped. Sliced. Baked.
Thumbprinted. Rolled. Frosted.
Glazed. Spiced. Dropped.
It's December, and all the food magazines are chockablock with cookies.
How to make sense of this cookie-palooza?
We thought we'd share with you our 10 favorite cookie recipes from 10 different issues of December 2017 food magazines. Whaddya say? Cookie swap at our place?
1. Molasses Crinkle Cookies from Cooking Light: We've been craving molasses cookies all autumn; we'll definitely be making these this season.
3. Citrus "Ornament" Cookies from Martha Stewart Living: We're definitely on board with this classic sugar cookie brightened up by a citrus glaze and candied lemon and orange zest.
4. Choco-Nutty Slice and Bakes from Good Housekeeping: We are suckers for pistachios. The nuts not only add great flavor and crunch here, but they also make these cookies look very festive!
5. Spiced Italian Pecan Meringues from Food & Wine: Classic meringues get a kick from cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and a splash of grappa.
6. Crunchy Spiced Rum Balls from Cook's Country: Rum balls make us feel like we're at a country club Christmas party circa 1973. And we mean that in the best possible way.
7. Cherry Chocolate Crinkles from Food Network Magazine: Cherry + chocolate = YES.
8. Krumkake from Better Homes & Gardens: On the downside, the recipe for this traditional Norwegian confection requires a krumkake iron. But on the plus side, think of all the krumkakes you can make!
9. Chewy "Lots of Ginger" Cookies from Rachael Ray Every Day: Chewy-crunchy cookies with an extra jolt of ginger? Yes please.
10. Light Bulb Sugar Cookies from Southern Living: These are adorable, and just the right amount of let's all decorate some Christmas cookies without being too oh my gosh we spent three days decorating Christmas cookies.
Let's get to baking!