When it comes to Friendsgiving, desserts like classic apple and pumpkin pie are just the tip of the iceberg. And in fact I'd argue that these pies, while much-loved and delicious, are best reserved for your traditional family holiday feast.
Friendsgiving is a time to branch out and get creative with wow-worthy desserts that will totally impress your friends. Here are 10 inspiring dessert recipes that will keep your crowd talking.
1. Chocolate Pumpkin Magic Cake from I Wash You Dry
Just say yes to pumpkin and chocolate paired together. This triple-layer cake is a serious crowd-pleaser and, as most magic cakes are, it's surprisingly so easy to make.
2. Pumpkin Mini Cakes from Preppy Kitchen
Who needs pumpkin pie when you have individual-sized spiced pumpkin cakes? These mini Bundts are almost too cute to eat! A slew of warm fall spices plus a generous layer of cream cheese frosting make them a seasonal hit.
3. Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Pie from The Endless Meal
Show up with a purple pie and you can be certain your friends will be talking about your dessert until next year's Friendsgiving. Maybe longer. This vegan, Paleo-friendly treat relies on ube, or purple yams, for its jewel-toned hue.
4. Asian Pear and Apple Pie with Bay Leaf Butter from Brooklyn Supper
This is a pie that will turn heads. Not just with its leafy crust cut-outs and apple-pear duo, but from the subtle savory twist that comes from bay leaf-infused butter drizzled over the filling before baking.
5. Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake with Spiced Cream from The Woks of Life
If you're angling for a dessert that's seasonal and decadent, look no further than this fall-inspired tres leches cake. It's mixed with pumpkin purée and a slew of spices, and is perfect for feeding a crowd.
6. Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Frosting from Half Baked Harvest
Be the hero who brings something ultra-chocolatey to the Friendsgiving dessert spread. Cupcakes are always a good idea for a crowd, but especially when they're stuffed with a gooey, nutty filling reminiscent of pecan pie.
7. Pumpkin Pie with Speculoos Cookie Crust and Crème Fraîche Swirl from Hummingbird High
I just have three words for you: Speculoos cookie crust! This sweet and tangy pumpkin pie might be the most elegant thing on the Friendsgiving table.
8. Apple Rose Tart with Maple Custard and Walnut Crust from Baking a Moment
Not only is this tart totally stunning, but it also uses a simple walnut crust to keep it gluten-free.
9. Brûléed Persimmon Tarts with Maple Cinnamon Cream Cheese from The Little Epicurean
Persimmons are such a delicious and underused fall fruit. If you want a less traditional dessert on the lighter side, this creamy-filled fruit tart is definitely a good idea.
10. Cinnamon Apple Galette with Salted Maple Glaze from My Baking Addiction
A galette is an easier, much-less-fussy cousin to pie, and this version gets a serious impressive boost from salted maple drizzle. You'll also want to serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for good measure.