OK, here it is. The big rundown, the open thread, the sound-off. What's on your Thanksgiving menu? Care to share? Chat here about what you're making, which stuffing is truly the best, and how you're cooking that bird.
Emma and I are throwing a bash together at my house and so we've already showed you some of what will be on the table. Here's a rundown of our multi-course, festive meal for 12! I can hardly wait...
• Fennel and radicchio salad with pomegranate, Meyer lemon, and grapefruit
• No-Knead Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls
• Cultured butter with a streak of hickory-smoked sea salt
• Sweet potato sformato, in ramekins
• Cream-braised Brussels sprouts with lemon (from Orangette)
• Pomegranate and grapefruit sorbet
• Smoked turkey breast
• Grilled, braised turkey legs and wings
• Sage and onion bread stuffing
• Mashed potatoes with a hint of rutabaga
• Rich Turkey Gravy
• Glasses of Fernet Branca, nocino, and cherry ginja to close
To drink we will start with something bubbly, then go on to a local Ohio Pinot Grigio that is very bright and green apple-crisp. Then we'll serve Zinfandel, dry Aspalls cider, and Maudite beer (from Unibroue) with the main course. Dessert wine from Portugal and coffee to finish.
It's definitely one of the most ambitious meals I've ever planned, but it's so fun to plan and execute it with another cook!
OK - your turn! And come back tomorrow, if you have a moment, too; we'll be showing you all the reader Thanksgiving tables that we've received so far. Happy, happy cooking!