If you're already obsessed with all things Target (Threshold! Project 62!Hearth & Hand! Archer Farms!), you might want to mark your calendar for June 23. That's when Target will launch its newest home brand, Made By Design, featuring all sorts of everyday items with a sleek, elevated design.
In the meantime, we got an exclusive sneak peek that you can check out.
First, What Is Made By Design?
Apparently Target put a ton of research into creating this new brand. "Made By Design is the outcome of the most extensive guest research Target has ever embarked upon," an early press release states. "Through its research, Target learned that its guests are looking for items that can help establish the foundation of their homes, perform for years to come, and complement their evolving look, all without sacrificing style."
Shop on June 23 in Target stores and online.
The new collection features more than 750 items including kitchen gadgets, storage solutions, furniture, and more. The look is simple, clean, and meant to blend seamlessly into anyone's home. If you ask us, it actually feels like a cross between IKEA and Muji at similar (or better) prices — ranging from $1 to $260, with most items less than $30.
Here are some of our favorites from Made By Design.
- 6-Cup Pour-Over Coffeemaker, $20: Get a Chemex-like coffee maker at a Target-like price point.
- Wooden Chair, $100 for two: This chair is basic but not too basic, which is, um, basically the point of this whole line. Oh, and you get two!
- Wood Turner Spatula and Spoon, from $4 each: We spend a lot of time looking at wooden utensils around here, and we're super excited about these.
- Dinner and Salad Plates, from $2 each: Durable enough to withstand everyday use, yet elegant enough for a dinner party, these plates can replace your old chipped ones.
- Storage Containers, from $4 each: You no longer have an excuse for a messy pantry.
- Glass Covered Mixing Bowl Set, $13 for three: We're guessing these bowls would get a lot of use — especially during the summer when it's time for fruit and pasta salads. They're sleek enough to go from the fridge to the patio table.
- Wood-Handled Flexible Spatulas, from $2 each: These spatulas are heat-resistant up to 450°F and they come in two different sizes.
- 2-Slice Extra Wide Slot Stainless Steel Toaster, $14: Why is it that inexpensive toasters always look so flimsy and cheesy, but the well-designed ones are always a pretty penny? This one is both inexpensive and nice to look at.
- Gray Oven Mitts, $5 for two: Oven mitts don't get much more simple than this. And that's a good thing!
- Large Table Lamp and Shade, $25 for both: It's no secret that we're big fans of table lamps in the kitchen, and this one would look right at home near the rest of your stainless steel appliances.
See more on Thursday morning here: Made By Design Lookbook
What do you think of the new line? Will you be checking it out on June 23?