Tacos, Burritos, & Enchiladas: 20 Recipes for Delicious Fillings & Toppings
When it comes to quick weeknight meals, or a meal for a mixed crowd of people, tacos and burritos reign supreme. Fold a tortilla (corn or flour) around a scoop of fresh summer tomatoes and soft black beans, or pulled pork simmered in the slow cooker with peppers, and you have a meal that pleases nearly anyone. Tacos, burritos, and enchiladas may have originated in Mexico and Latin America, but they have been welcomed and adapted by cooks all over the world.
Here are a few of our own recipes and adaptations of this most wonderful style of meal — from slow cooker enchiladas, to fried chicken flautas, to the perfect breakfast burrito. We have simple bean burritos, and instructions for making any kind of pulled meat in the slow cooker: Barbacoa beef, pulled chicken, classic smoky pork carnitas. Everything you need for taco night is right here!
• 1 Corn, Tomato and Black Bean Tostadas with Creamy Cilantro Dressing – Open-faced crispy tostadas that take advantage of summer produce.
• 2 Bean Burritos – Ultra-simple, ultra-easy.
• 3 Potato Tacos – Potatoes in tacos? Oh yes! So good with avocado!
• 4 Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tacos – This unusual combination shows how flexible tacos can be.
• 5 Slow Cooker Enchiladas – Enchiladas, creamy and cheesy, made in the slow cooker. Vegetarian, although you can add meat if you want to.
• 6 How To Make a Breakfast Burrito – An eggy burrito that is great for dinner too.
• 7 How To Make Sopes: Plus a Vegetarian Topping Recipe – These open-faced corn flour patties are great for topping with any mix of vegetables or meat.
• 8 Tex-Mex Migas – And when you’ve got leftover tortillas, make migas!
• 9 Pork Carnitas in the Slow Cooker – Classic smoky pork carnitas, from the slow cooker!
• 10 Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef – Chipotle-style barbacoa.
• 11 Roasted Goat for Tacos – Try goat! It’s delicious.
• 12 How to Make Mexican Braised Beef in a Slow Cooker – Another beef recipe, with roasted peppers.
• 13 Shredded Chicken from the Oven or Slow Cooker – Chicken from the slow cooker or oven. Skip the barbecue sauce and you have a great filling for tacos or burritos.
• 14 Chicken Flautas with Lime Sour Cream – Or, wrap that chicken up in tortillas and deep-fry them!
TOPPINGS & ACCOMPANIMENTS
• 15 How To Make Your Own Taco Seasoning – A taco seasoning you can add to ground beef or vegetables.
• 16 Tri-Color Slaw with Lime Dressing – A brightly colored slaw to go with tacos.
• 17 The Perfect Guacamole – How to make your own perfect guac.
• 18 Roasted Tomatillo Salsa with Chipotle and Árbol Chiles – A hot and spicy tomatillo salsa.
• 19 Grilled Cactus and Corn Salad – Ever tried cactus? You should!
• 20 Cheesy Tex-Mex Rice with Olives and Green Peppers – A Tex-Mex style skillet of rice and cheese.
What’s your favorite style of weeknight meal with tacos, burritos, or other Latin-inspired wraps? Pork enchiladas? Cheesy burritos? Simple tacos? Share your own favorite recipes and ideas — we’re always eager for more in this delicious space.
A great idea for all these taco recipes: The New Baby Taco Box
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)