Sweet Clementines: 8 Recipe Ideas for Leftover Clementines
A clementine is the perfect snack, of course. So tiny and easily pocketed, each little segment bursting with sweet flavor. But the other day, we were eying the bowl of clementines left from the holidays and got to thinking. What other ways can we put these orange fruits to good use?
Once we started looking, we found recipes using clementines (or satsumas, or mandarin oranges…) all over the place! What’s even more fun is that the recipes seemed fairly equally split between savory main course recipes and sweet dessert recipes.
1. Glazed Duck with Clementine Sauce from Gourmet – Talk about finger-licking good!
2. Smoked Salmon with Clementines from Jamie Oliver – An excellent starter for a fancy mid-winter dinner party.
3. Couscous with Clementines, Chickpeas, Olives, and Dates from Epicurious – Add this to your repertoire of grain salads.
4. Sweet Potato Bisque with Clementines and Sage from Vegetarian Times – An interesting twist on this traditional winter soup.
5. Clementine and Vanilla Bean Quick Bread from Martha Stewart – Clementine juice gives this quick bread a bright citrus flavor.
6. Clementine Posset from Bon Appétit – We’ve become obsessed with these simple cream custards.
7. Fromage Blanc Parfaits with Citrus Fruits and Caramel Sauce from the New York Times – We like the idea of creamy mild cheese with the tangy clementine caramel sauce.
8. Clementine and Poppy Seed Muffins from BBC Good Food – The perfect way to start the day.
What are your favorite ways to cook with clementines?
Related: Kitchen Gallery: Orange Like Clementine
(Image: Shelley Wiseman/Gourmet)