Craving a (Not Too) Sweet Dessert? 7 Desserts Without White Sugar
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Dessert is one of my favorite meals. Let’s face it: I have a pretty fierce sweet tooth. But many of us are trying to watch our sugar intake or, at least, cut down on the pure white stuff. Here are seven desserts that satisfy a sweet tooth without using any white sugar at all.Now I think before we dive in, it’s important to clarify a few things. These are not technically “healthy” recipes — they all still contain sugar, whether it’s naturally occuring from fruits or natural sugars like honey, maple syrup or other sources. They’re not sugar-free. They’re not all diabetic-friendly.
So what are they? They’re a list of a few inspired and varied desserts that don’t rely on processed white sugar (or chemical/artificial sweeteners) to craft delicious, satisfying desserts. They may also come to replace that fierce ice cream habit you’ve got going on in the evenings. (Or should I say,
I’ve got going on in the evenings.)
Do you have a favorite lower-sugar dessert?
Try a Recipe:
- Peanut Butter and Honey Banana Ice Cream – The Kitchn
- Oatmeal, Walnut and Dried Plum Cookies – Oprah
- Healthy Apple Crisp – Apples and Arteries
- Low-Sugar Strawberry Pie – Cooks.com
- Tropical Fruit Ice – Eating Well
- Peach and Berry Cobbler – Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondie Bars – Purely Twins
(Images: Faith Durand)