There are many tools and special materials designed for baking these days, and most address the question of how to get perfectly formed cupcakes and muffins that don't break in the pan. Silicone and nonstick pans both have their merits. Which one do you prefer?
More discussion on silicone and nonstick below.
• Silicone Spatulas
• Silicone Mini Flexible Pinch Bowl Set
• Good Product? Silicone Food Ties
• PoachPod: Silicone Egg Poachers
• Good Question: Stainless Steel vs. Non-Stick
• Tefal Survival Kit by Jamie Oliver
• Staub Launches New Color, Stick Resistant Braisers
Pans above: Silicone Zone Small Muffin Pan, $9.95; and Sur La Table Nonstick Bakeware - Muffin Pans, $7.96, both from Sur La Table.
Kitchn supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.