Surprise Eggs & DIY Peeps: Easter Treats & Projects
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love the tender spring foods that can be spread out across a table with friends on a fresh spring morning. And Easter is a big deal in my family, where traditional Eastern European breads rule the menu. But I also love the sweet projects that come with Easter dinner! Here is a look back at our own Easter projects, from homemade marshmallow Peeps, to hollow sugar eggs, to eggs that have a surprise inside. We have beautiful, naturally-dyed Easter eggs, sweet egg-shaped cakes, and a few ideas for dinner and brunch menus, too.
Easter Projects & Treats
Easter Recipes for Your Menu
• Cucumber and Mint Spiced Lamb Salad
• Asparagus Spears Wrapped in Prosciutto & Phyllo
• Simplest Cinnamon Lamb Stew
• Sour Cream Cucumber Salad with Mustard Seeds
• Mixed New Potato Salad with Sweet Basil and Shallots
• Houska (Czech Easter Bread)
• D.I.Y. Horseradish Sauce
• Pascha Cheese with Cherries
• Ina Garten’s Lemon Cake
Too Many Eggs?
Too many leftover eggs? Use them up!
What are your Easter plans this year? Are you doing brunch? Dinner? Eggs galore?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)