Sunset Edible Garden Cookbook
• Who wrote it: The Editors of Sunset Magazine
• Who published it: Oxmoor House
• Number of recipes: About 180
• Recipes for right now: Asian Greens and Tofu Soup, Gorgonzola and Radicchio Risotto, Pappardelle with Chicken and Winter Greens, Lamb Stew with Roasted Red Peppers, Molten Cheese Gnocchi, Whole Wheat Lasagna with Butternut Squash and Kale
• Other highlights: This is one of those books that is equal parts resource and cookbook. Each chapter focuses on a different vegetable or fruit, giving you descriptions of a few varieties, tips for growing and harvesting, and then common ways to cook them. Following this basic information are a handful of tasty recipes that run the gamut from familiar comfort food to spicy Asian stir fries.
It’s not really a gardening book, so don’t rely on this as your only gardening resource or think that you need your own garden to use it fully. This is a good one for anyone who tends to eat seasonally or has a CSA, and could use more ideas for dinner — and really, who can’t use a few more ideas for dinner?!
• Who would enjoy this book? Cooks with gardens or CSAs, people wanting to eat more seasonally, people wanting more ideas for cooking with fruits and vegetables.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Sunset Edible Garden Cookbook
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)