Unlike the grocery store, I typically show up to the farmers market without a list in hand. While I have an idea of what's in season and what vegetables to expect, I stick with buying what's fresh and looks good at the moment. Then comes the fun (and sometimes overwhelming, tbh!) part of deciding how to turn it into dinner. From pasta and stir-fries, to salads and casseroles, here are 25 easy recipes to turn your produce into dinner.
No matter what kind of veggies you bring home, there is a way to work them into a pasta dinner. Everything from spaghetti with buttery white wine sauce and pesto, to mac and cheese and lasagna is fair game. Most pasta recipes are super versatile and adaptable, so even if what you have on hand isn't included in a recipe, there's usually a way to work it in.
- Farmers Market Pasta Dinner
- How To Make One-Pot Pasta Primavera
- Vegan Beet Pesto Pasta
- Creamy Corn Mac and Cheese
- Ina Garten's Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Any time you have a lot of vegetables to use up, it's a good idea to slot a stir-fry into your meal plan. It'll help you work your way through that pile of zucchini and use up the medley of vegetables and herbs lingering around. Just remember to start by cooking the most-firm vegetables, like broccoli and cauliflower, then work your way down to soft vegetables and leafy greens.
- Spicy Ground Pork & Zucchini Stir-Fry
- Spicy Cauliflower Stir-Fry
- Honey-Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry
- Beef and Tomato Stir-Fry
- Weeknight Vegetable Stir-Fry
All the Eggs
Vegetables are a natural partner to eggs. It can be as simple as making a quick garlicky sauté as a base for a fried egg or making a veggie-packed scramble, frittata, breakfast casserole, or quiche.
- Farmers Market Frittata
- Easy Hatch Chile Egg Casserole
- Best Zucchini Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Eggplant Summer Frittata
- Scrambled Eggs With Green Peppers & Mushrooms
- Crustless Quiche with Summer Vegetables
It's nearly impossible to think about using up your farmers market or CSA haul without considering salad. Whether your goal is to make a single ingredient like tomatoes, zucchini, or snap peas shine, or you prefer a loaded mix of ingredients, this lineup has it all.
- Make-Ahead Chicken and Veggie Chopped Salad
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill and Feta
- Chilled Zucchini Noodle Salad
- The Ultimate Grilled Zucchini Salad
- Minty Snap Pea Salad
- Farmers Market Salad
Casseroles, Gratins, and Other Summer Favorites
Now's the time to use your fresh produce for a light, bright summer-inspired casserole or gratin. Reach for that package of pie crust in the freezer for a tomato and cheese galette that's totally doable on a weeknight. You can also swap summer squash for the tomatoes.
- Fresh and Simple Corn Casserole
- Summer Vegetable Gratin
- Summer Squash Gratin
- Easy French Ratatouille
- Tomato and Feta Galette