We tried to beat the heat this week with crisp, cool recipes that don't require a lot of heat. Strawberry yogurt popsicles, a chickpea and barley salad with herbs and feta, tomato topped with anchovies, Southern-style pickled shrimp. We made some exceptions for some summer favorites, like caramel banana cake — a showstopper dessert for a weekend birthday. We showed you how to make easy gazpacho, too, and how to make old-fashioned dill pickles, the easy way.
Here are these and more — all the new recipes from The Kitchn's past week!
• Strawberry-Yogurt Popsicles
• Caramel Banana Cake
• Chickpea, Barley and Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Mint and Feta
• Tomato and Anchovies with Bread Crumbs, Basil and Red Onion
• How To Make Easy Gazpacho
• Garlic Dill Refrigerator Pickles
• Southern-Style Pickled Shrimp
• Malted Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Squares
• Oi Muchim (Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad)
• Cilantro-Lime Sardine Salad in Avocado Halves
• Chilean Pisco Star-Spangled Punch
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)