Stovetop Summer Chicken, Tagliatelle with Parsley Pesto, and Chocolate Granita
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we loved recipes for no-oven stovetop chicken (which helps keep your kitchen cool on hot days) and the deepest, darkest, most indulgent chocolate granita. Read on for these and more!
• 30-Minute Chickpea, Coconut, and Cashew Curry – So easy and quick. Simmer chickpeas in this flavorful sauce and serve with rice and naan. A great weeknight meal.
• 9 Awesome French Cheeses Everyone Should Know – Roquefort, Comte, Langres, and six other French cheeses you should definitely know (and eat!).
• Lorraine Wallace’s Stovetop Summer Chicken – Cooking chicken on the stovetop (and not in the oven) keeps your kitchen cooler in the summer, but still produces a moist and juicy bird.
• Dinner Tonight: Jamie Oliver’s Summer Tagliatelle with Parsley and Pine Nuts – Parsley pesto, lemon juice, and lemon zest give this rustic dish a surprisingly fresh and zippy flavor.
• Chocoholic: Double Dark Chocolate Granita – Dubbed “the deepest, darkest, most indulgent granita that you’ve ever tasted.” Sign us up!
Previous Good Eats: Phyllo Pastry Cups with Yogurt and Strawberries and Kir Jensen’s Sesame Brittle
(Image: Blake Royer/Serious Eats)