In our previous apartment, our tiny kitchen had no drawers. Drawers seem essential for items like flatware, cooking utensils, and kitchen linens. But there are ways to get along without drawers, too. Here are a few storage solutions for those with drawer-less (or too-few-drawered) kitchens.
- Get decorative. Shelves can hold pretty urns that in turn contain kitchen utensils and dish cloths.
- Under-shelf brackets like these from The Container Store let you store more than your shelves can hold. A great place for folded dish towels, as shown.
- These layered rods for hanging towels are actually installed inside of a cabinet pullout, but we think you could do similar on the inside of a cupboard door.
- Go restaurant supply style with flatware storage, on a pantry shelf.
- Shelving can be outfitted with basket storage, which is great for organizing everything from flatware to parchment paper and foil dispensers.