Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites by Jaden Hair
• Who wrote it: Jaden Hair
• Who published it: Ten Speed Press
• Number of recipes: About 100
• Recipes for right now: Healing Ginger Chicken Soup, Seared Scallop Salad with Sesame-Ginger Vinaigrette, Chicken-Tofu Pot Stickers, Cauliflower Steaks with Ginger-Soy Sauce, Ten-Minute Thai Vegetable Curry, Kimchi Omelet, Vegetable and Egg Ramen Noodle Soup, Kiwi Sorbet
• Other highlights: What really impressed me about this cookbook is how truly simple it makes cooking Asian food. These are dishes that you already know and love: noodles in rich broth, crispy stir-fried greens, summer rolls with tofu, and everything else from the Chinese take-out menu. Many of them are foods you might never think to cook at home, but Jaden Hair makes each one feel totally achievable. I read through the recipes and think, “Yes! I can do this!”
Fans of Jayden Hair’s blog Steamy Kitchen will appreciate the glimpses into her family life (her son Andrew will eat anything with soy sauce!) and the photos of her “homestead” in Florida (chickens!). Her warm voice and charm appear on every page, welcoming you into her kitchen and to her dinner table.
• Who would enjoy this book? Weeknight cooks looking for some new ideas, people who love Asian cuisine
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites: 100 Recipes that are Fast, Fresh, and Simple Enough for Tonight’s Supper by Jaden Hair
• Visit the author’s website: Steamy Kitchen
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.