Stay Sharp: The Best Knife Sharpeners
A knife is one of the most important tools in the kitchen and it’s extremely important to keep them sharp. Keeping your knives as sharp as possible as often as possible will ensure you make the most precise cuts and the finest chops. Some keep it old school with the sharpening method but we’re huge fans of electric sharpeners. We’ve found five of the top knife sharpeners.
• Edgeware Ceramic Electric Knife & Scissor Sharpener, $149.95 at Williams Sonoma: Features two extra-fine interlocking ceramic wheels that sharpen both sides of a straight-edge blade simultaneously. Includes two manual slots; one made with cabide blades and one with ceramic stones for serrated blades.
• Presto Pro EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener, $29.95 at Amazon: Uses professional grade sapphirite sharpening wheels to ensure the sharpest blade using a two step process. The small body makes it easy to store away in the kitchen and it comes with a 1 year warranty.
• Two Stage Knife Sharpener, at WUSTHOF: This old school style knife sharpener works in the standard two stages. Step one uses diamond rods to sharpen the dull blade while step two uses ceramic rods to hone and finish the edge. There’s also a scissor sharpener!
• Chef’s Choice M130 Professional Sharpening Station, $149.95: It may not be the prettiest knife sharpener on the market, but you know what, that doesn’t always matter. Sharpens both fine edge and serrated blades through the use of diamond edges and steel.
• Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener, $19.85 at Amazon: We were initially attracted to appearance of this sharpener and once we read the reviews and description we were sold. This sharpener works for both right and left handed people and works in two ways; one for coarse and one for fine sharpening. Includes rubber feet to avoid slipping on the countertop.
(Image credit: Williams Sonoma, Amazon, Wusthof, Amazon, Amazon)