My Great Outdoors 2009: Show Us Your Outdoor Meals
Our June event, My Great Outdoors, is all about beautiful, inspiring and intelligent solutions you’ve done yourself, so we’re putting the call out to our best and important resource: you, our readers! For The Kitchn’s readers specifically, we’re looking for food outside! Read on for some ideas…
My Great Outdoors is a celebration of your outdoor home projects, so whether you’ve got a spacious backyard, a modest sized porch, or a teeny-tiny apartment balcony, we want your outdoor solutions incorporating decor, gardening, cooking, playing, home technology, green solutions or any other idea that adds to your home outdoor lifestyle.
Have you spruced up a patio with a little table, or set up a grill? Maybe you’ve been doing this for a long time and you have a full outdoor dining room! Or perhaps you’re just getting started with a window garden. We’d love to see it, and we’d especially like to see examples of entertaining outdoors.
Don’t worry, this isn’t a contest…My Great Outdoors is simply an opportunity to share, inspire and learn how to best utilize our outdoor spaces, so all submissions are welcome till the end of June.
Submit 5 photos of your outdoor project and you’ll be eligible to receive an Apartment Therapy t-shirt and a copy of either Apartment Therapy: The Eight-Step Home Cure or Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Design Solutions from us as a “thank you”.
We’d love to see inspiration, good ideas, and beautiful things from you in relation to cooking, eating, and gardening for food. Here are some ideas!
• Your grill setup
• You… grilling!
• A meal you grew, prepared, cooked, or ate outdoors.
• A backyard picnic.
• Rooftop or balcony dining.
• Any other kind of cooking outside at home.
• Tiny spaces for dining outside
• Any outdoor dining space – how have you made yours special?
• A party or a meal you’ve held outdoors.
• Your food garden! Big or small.
• Container garden with radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs, or anything else for food.
• Anything else you can think of that has to do with cooking, eating, growing, or otherwise enjoying food outdoors!
So enter today and join us for My Great Outdoors!