Spring On a Plate, Fried Pizza, and the Making of a Sacher Torte
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we experienced the making of a Sachar torte and learned that blanching is the best way to eat Spring vegetables. Read on for these posts and more!
• The Food Lab Lite: How To Put Spring on a Plate – Spring offers the perfect ingredients for a simple meal.
• Bake the Book: Chocolate and Black Pepper Goat Cheese Truffles – How could we NOT click on this post with a title like that? These killer truffles come from the new Joy the Baker Cookbook.
• EAT THIS NOW! Fried Pizza with Homemade Sausage, Egg, Parmesan, and Hollandaise – Well then! If you insist! Kenji says this breakfast pizza pie is “one of most seriously delicious pies to come out of my kitchen,” which is saying something.
• Video: Making of a Sacher Torte – The making of a classic Austrian cake, fittingly accompanied by beautiful music.
• Wake and Bake: Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Muffins – The seasonal rhubarb escapes the pie and finds itself quite comfortable in this muffin recipe.
Previous Good Eats: Cocoa Popovers, Lamb, Beet, and Cracked Wheat Meatballs, and Honeydew Salad
(Image: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt/Serious Eats)