Spicy Ginger Lentil Soup and 10 Zesty Orange Dessert Recipes
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we took a peek at the SE staffer’s detox food list, and then promptly abandoned detoxing in favor of their best orange dessert recipes! Read on for these and more of our favorite finds from Serious Eats!
• SE Staff Picks: Our Detox Foods – Everyone is on a detox kick this January, so the SE Staff offers their own list of de-puffing food picks, from cottage cheese to greens.
• We Tried Every Trader Joe’s “Trader Moon” Wine – Can $6 wine be any good? There are a few from TJ’s private label “Trader Moon” that make the cut.
• Dinner Tonight: Spicy Ginger and French Lentil Soup – a spicy twist on this classic soup. Oh so warm and perfect for winter.
• 10 Zesty Orange Dessert Recipes We Love – If you’re NOT detoxing this January (see above), then by all means make one of these tangy citrus cakes.
• The Nasty Bits: How to Make Sardine Lovers out of Sardine Skeptics – Are you flummoxed by fresh sardines? A simple marinade is all you need to make it work.
Previous Good Eats: A PB-Bacon-Banana Sandwich for Elvis’s 76th Birthday
(Image: Maria del Mar Sacasa/Serious Eats)