Soft Drink Industry Fights Proposed Food Stamp Ban
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A look at the fierce opposition to the ban of soft drinks from the food stamp program. Plus, how to become a wine wonk, and a statistic: Americans eat 22 teaspoons of sugar a day.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Soft Drink Industry Fights Proposed Food Stamp Ban –
• US ‘not withholding food aid from North Korea’ – BBC
• Americans eat 22 teaspoons of sugar a day – UPI
• Appetite for food magazines growing – Knoxville News/AP
• Children ‘too afraid to eat’ – Herald Sun
• Tang, Meet STEM: Food Experiment on Endeavor – FOX News
• Why we crave junk food, not fruit and veg – Daily Mail UK
• Why being a foodie isn’t ‘elitist’ – Washington Post
• Canal House: The Food of Friendship – Wall Street Journal
• How to Become a Wine Wonk – Forbes