So You Don’t Like Turkey? Consider These Still-Festive, Still-Meaty Alternatives
My wife isn’t the biggest fan of turkey… which is a polite way of saying that she hates it! “She’s just never had a good turkey,” you might say. Au contraire mon ami, she’s had ’em done all the right ways from all the right people. Yet still, as far as she’s concerned, turkeys can pack its bags and jettison on a private plane co-piloted by Brussels sprouts and broccoli. Off to Never Neverland!
For others who may be turkey disinclined, some options…
“I love big bird… but not on my dinner table.” When the bird is not the word, you may find holiday joy in these other recipes. Maybe one of them can become a new tradition.
- 1 Vadouvan-Spiced Leg of Lamb – Food & Wine
- 2 Prime Rib and Oven-Roasted Potatoes with Bay Leaves and Sage – Martha Stewart
- 3 Honey Lacquered Quail – Garden & Gun
- 4 Passover Brisket – The Pioneer Woman
- 5 Slow Roasted Goat Leg with Harissa – Cookstr