Depending on where you live, February tends to be the cruelest month in terms of weather. We can think of no better reason to indulge in an afternoon mug of hot chocolate, but ditch the store powder packets for one of our favorite homemade recipes.
From peanut butter to booze, these recipes give your average ho-hum hot chocolate a serious kick. We think they're just what you need to get through the work week and onto the weekend.
From The Kitchn Archives:
• Mexican Hot Chocolate
• Best Hot Cocoa Brands and Recipes
• Hot Chocolate on a Stick
From Around the Web:
• Thick Hot Chocolate - Food 52
• Peppermint Hot Chocolate - Martha Stewart
• Brandy Alexander White Hot Chocolate - Epicurious
• Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate - Savory Sweet Life
• Belgian Hot Chocolate - David Lebovitz
• Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa - Wasabimon
• Tea-Infused Hot Cocoa - Cooking With Amy
Image: Megan Gordon