5 Smart Ways to Hide Power Strips and Cords in the Kitchen
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Nothing ruins one’s tidying mojo quite like a mess of cords. Whether they’re from small appliances on the countertop or a kitchen charging station run amok, tangled cords are decidedly un-fun. Here are five ways to get them under control!
- Set up a charging station in the drawer, via Houzz: Install a power strip in the back of a kitchen drawer and you have a one-stop charging station for all your kitchen tech needs.
- Install a recessed outlet, via Remodelista: A recessed outlet eliminates protruding plugs and allows you to push small appliances directly against the backsplash! You can purchase this Arlington recessed electrical box for $17 on Amazon.
- Hide cords in a breadbox, via Family Handyman: If you don’t have the means to set up a charging station in a drawer (see #1), how about a bread box? Just drill a hole in the back, thread a power strip cord through it, and close it down to hide the mess!
- Make your cords decorative, Part 1, via Bellamumma: If there’s no way around a hanging cord, make it a part of your decor. For example, thread large wooden beads on a dangling cord.
- Make your cords decorative, Part 2, via Vitamini Handmade: Another way to make those cords less of an eyesore? Wrap them with neon nylon twine! If you have to see a cord, you might as well make it fun to look at.
What are your ideas and tips for hiding power strips, cords, and charging devices in the kitchen?
Get the Kitchn Daily in your inbox.