5 Smart Ways to Hide Power Strips and Cords in the Kitchen
Nothing ruins one’s tidying mojo quite like a mess of cords. Whether they’re from small appliances on the countertop or a kitchen charging station run amok, tangled cords are decidedly un-fun. Here are five ways to get them under control!
- Set up a charging station in the drawer, via Houzz: Install a power strip in the back of a kitchen drawer and you have a one-stop charging station for all your kitchen tech needs.
- Install a recessed outlet, via Remodelista: A recessed outlet eliminates protruding plugs and allows you to push small appliances directly against the backsplash! You can purchase this Arlington recessed electrical box for $17 on Amazon.
- Hide cords in a breadbox, via Family Handyman: If you don’t have the means to set up a charging station in a drawer (see #1), how about a bread box? Just drill a hole in the back, thread a power strip cord through it, and close it down to hide the mess!
- Make your cords decorative, Part 1, via Bellamumma: If there’s no way around a hanging cord, make it a part of your decor. For example, thread large wooden beads on a dangling cord.
- Make your cords decorative, Part 2, via Vitamini Handmade: Another way to make those cords less of an eyesore? Wrap them with neon nylon twine! If you have to see a cord, you might as well make it fun to look at.
What are your ideas and tips for hiding power strips, cords, and charging devices in the kitchen?