It's Birthday Week at The Kitchn, and along with the cakes and parties we want to offer a few ideas on practical and fun birthday gift ideas for cooks and food-lovers. Here are a few smart, delicious basics that all come in under $10 — from a colorful potholder (everyone always needs more potholders, right?) to a gingham knife and great salt and chocolate. Read on to see our picks, and add your own too!
• 1 Wooden Salt Box Bowl, $7.70 from Jan the Spinner
• 2 Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, $9 at Amazon
• 3 Bright appetizer plates, $1.95 - $2.95 at CB2
• 4 Bar of great chocolate, $3.25 from Theo Chocolate
• 5 Chalkboard Spice Jar, filled with spices or tea, $10 at Anthropologie
• 6 Polka Dot Dishtowel, $9.95 at Fishs Eddy
• 7 Microplane Soft-Handle Extra-Coarse Grater, $9.95 at Sur La Table
• 8 Rustic napkin holders, set of 4, $10 at Knotty Notions
• 9 Kuhn Rikon Gingham Paring Knives, 4", $9.95 at Sur La Table
• 10 Rainbow Pot Holder, $8 at West Elm
What are your favorite food and cooking gifts under $10?
(Images: Jan the Spinner/Etsy; Amazon; CB2; Theo; Anthropologie; Fishs Eddy; Sur La Table; Knotty Notions/Etsy; Sur La Table; West Elm)