Have you been following along with this year's Small Cool contest? Every year we look for the smallest coolest apartments and homes, and we are always inspired by the tips, good ideas, and resources for compact living that our readers have in their homes. Here are a few of the kitchens from our first few entries!
Not all of these kitchens are tiny, but they are all in small apartments, so sometimes they are being made to do double-duty as dining area or office.
Each of these entries have been up for a little while, and the Thumbs Up voting is now closed. So we'll have to wait and see if they've made it into the finals! We'd like to see more of each of these small(ish) kitchens.
• 1 Jenna and Scott's Multi-Function Room - This little apartment has a kitchen at one end of its open common room, and we love the dark color on the wall. The kitchen table was a DIY, too! Definitely take a look at this entry; it's full of true DIY ideas.
• 2 Vernon's Left Brain Right Brain Design - This small, bright kitchen is a great example of how to work with a rental. Vernon's paint is nice and light, and he dresses up the space and makes it his own with the photos on the walls and the mat on the floor. Clean and light.
• 3 EricMcFly's Constant Curating - A tiny apartment with a big kitchen! We love the mix of baby blue and white here.
• 4 colorTHEORY's Victorian Grandness - The challenge of this kitchen is that it's right next to an ornate fireplace and rather formal living room! We like how it's all laid out; it really works.
• 5 jedigras's Hidden Luxuries - We like the frosted doors in this kitchen; it helps it feel light but still hides all the stuff.
Have you seen any particularly nice kitchens or good ideas in the Small Cool 2009 contest?