Small Kitchen Inspiration: High Storage
Small, pre-war apartments are often, while limited in the horizontal direction, endowed with high ceilings. If your kitchen has a small footprint but tall stature, look to a few of these kitchen storage ideas for a bit of inspiration:
• 1 A large shelf fits over the range hood because of the vaulted ceilings in this kitchen.
• 2 Tall upper cabinets with the doors removed
• 3 Cabinets clear to the ceiling can provide lots of pantry storage space.
• 4 A high shelf over the range and double-height upper cabinets on the right take advantage of this small-but-vertical kitchen.
• 5 Double-decker uppers in this kitchen provide closed storage for items used less often. Glass doors below are for display of everyday dishware.