This time last year we had lots and lots of good recipes — we were cooking everything from spring greens pesto to brunch eggs with pork to slow-cooked shredded pork with hoisin sauce and Asian cabbage slaw. We were also cooking Cream of Wheat (with an extra couple ingredients), Nigella Lawson's chocolate Guinness cake, DIY corned beef, vegetarian Guinness stew, and more! Read on for these recipes and more good posts from this time last year.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Pork, pork, and more pork: Brunch eggs with pork "debris", 3-sausage pasta sauce, slow-cooked hoisin pork, rigatoni with pork and mustard sauce, simple rosemary pork chops, and how to cook and shred a pork shoulder. Plus, what's the difference between bacon, pancetta, and prosciutto?
• All about goat meat!
• A serene and lovely farmhouse kitchen.
• What do you think of dishwasher drawers?
• A breakfast treat: Cream of Wheat, turned into a mellow pudding.
• How to grind your own sausage at home.
• Simple sweets: An easy shortbread jam tart and a quick snack of yogurt swirled with peanut butter and graham crackers. Plus butterscotch pudding!
• Things to do with a dehydrator.
• A visit to The Edible Schoolyard.
• How to add smoky flavor to any dish.
• How to build a white, minimal spice rack.
• A giving circle dinner.
• The difference between white, yellow, and red miso.
• See the whole archive from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Beef Stroganoff, Skillet Desserts, and Kale Chips