If you're trying to make good use of the summer's bounty of produce, you're probably going to end up doing some canning or preserving. (Of course, the best place to start is our Canning Basics Guide.)
And if you plan to give any of your jams, jellies, pickles, and more as gifts, you're going to need some of these beautiful canning jars that are completely gift-worthy.
6 Beautiful Canning Jars
1. Spring Green Wide Mouth Ball Jars, $15 for six from Cooking.com: Ball jars are definitely the base line for canning jars. And as far as colors go, you're most likely to see blue ones, which is exactly why this spring green set caught our eye.
2. & 3. Frosted Glass Straight Sided Jars, $33 per case & Clear Glass Oval Hexagon Jars, $13-$33 per case both from SKS Bottle: If you want something a bit out of the ordinary, shop at a bulk or industrial supplier. Both of these styles are sold in cases of 12 or 24 jars. We also love that they are perfectly primed for custom labels.
4. Kilner Clip Top Jars, $25 for 4 from Williams-Sonoma: Clip top jars are great because they can be so much easier to open. Plus, we'll always happily use them to store rice, beans, or quinoa once the preserves or pickles are all used up.
5. Quattro Stagioni Canning Jars, $2.50-$4 each from The Container Store: Think of these as the Ball jar's glam cousin. They are similarly designed, but are Italian (quattro stagioni means the four seasons), have an embossed design of a beehive and fresh produce, and they come topped with gold lids.
6. 7.4 oz Weck Jar Set, $18 for four from Terrain: We couldn't talk about beautiful canning jars and not include some from Weck. The German glassware with the rubber gasket and separate clips is the gold standard for beautiful jars.
Now for the real question: Do you expect your friends to return those fancy jars or are they part of the gift?