In a household of boring old still water drinkers (one doesn't consume alcohol and one avoids sparkling waters), it can be a real challenge to come up with special drinks. Fancying up our ice water with simple add-ins goes over best, allowing us to stick to our plain water ways while getting a little wild (well, relatively speaking):
Here are a few add-ins that dress up summer's best hydrator: water.
• 1 Limes: Lemons are the norm, but limes are sublime. Simply add a few limes slices to your next pitcher of ice water, along with the freshly-squeezed juice of one lime.
• 2 Mint: Muddle a little mint in the bottom of your glass or pitcher before adding lots of ice and clear, fresh water.
• 3 Oranges and Basil: Sliced oranges and basil leaves make a light, citrus-and-herb infused drink. Add a few basil leaves for garnish on each glass for a nice touch.
• 4 Cucumber: That's it. Just sliced cucumber. They're crisp and cool as - well, you know - making the water seem even more cool and refreshing.
• 5 Strawberries and Kiwi: This favorite combination is sweeter than the citrus fruits mentioned above. Kiwi slices and strawberry halves make for a pretty drink, too.