Easy Summer Desserts: 5 Puddings We Can’t Wait To Try
We’re unapologetic fans of this childhood dessert, and its cool creaminess sounds really perfect right now! Here are five recipes we’ve recently bookmarked. Which one should we make this weekend?
We love a good vanilla or chocolate pudding, but now and then it’s nice to break out of the mold with some new flavors and ingredients:
• Watermelon Pudding from Epicurious – It never occurred to us to use fresh fruit puree as a base for a pudding! We’re curious about how the fruit and the cream play off each other in this recipe.
• Buttermilk Pudding from Simply Recipes – We think this would make a refreshing finish to a meal. Just imagine it with a few tart berries on top!
• Chocolate and Green Tea Pudding from 101 Cookbooks – Green tea is another favorite flavor, and when we see it with chocolate, it’s hard to hold back.
• Bourbon Banana Pudding with Glazed Pecans from the Bitten Word (recipe from Gourmet) – This is more of a pudding parfait, which is fine with us! Sometimes we like a little crunch in our pudding.
• Blackberry-Lemon Pudding from the New York Times – A classic flavor combo, but a good one. Just thinking about it makes our mouths water.
Any other favorite puddings to recommend?