Simmered & Stir-Fried: 5 Asian-Style Pumpkin Recipes
We do love a good pumpkin pie, but when it comes to bringing this nutritious orange vegetable to the dinner table, we often gather inspiration from Thailand, Japan, and Vietnam, where pumpkin is simmered in hearty curries, glazed with fish sauce and black pepper, or stir-fried with fresh chiles and basil.
• 1 Pumpkin Curry With Chickpeas from BBC Food: A vegan curry that is an ideal make-ahead dinner party dish.
• 2 Vietnamese Glazed Pumpkin from the LA Times: Fish sauce, minced garlic and lots of freshly-ground black pepper are unexpected but wildly flavorful additions to pumpkin.
• 3 Thai-Spiced Pumpkin Soup from 101 Cookbooks: Warm and comforting, this soup combines roasted pumpkin with coconut milk and a bit of red curry paste.
• 4 Japanese Mushroom, Chestnut & Pumpkin Pilaf from BBC Food: Shiitake mushrooms, chestnuts and chunks of pumpkin cook with the rice in a one-pot autumn meal.
• 5 Stir-Fried Pumpkin With Chiles & Basil from Epicurious: Spiced up by sliced chiles and bright with fresh basil.
How do you like to cook with pumpkin?
Related: Five Ways to Eat: Pumpkin
(Image: BBC Food)