Let's face it — sometimes the side dishes are just better. Yes, chicken is great, and we'll never say no to a burger, but aren't we really just here for the luscious steak fries, perfectly crunchy slaw, and irresistible veggie casseroles?
Today we're celebrating the supporting cast of the dinner table with over 30 of our favorite scene-stealing side dishes.
No matter what variety you pick, this humble root vegetable is super versatile and plays the perfect starchy supporting role.
- How To Make Steak Fries
- Butter-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Garlicky Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- Sour Cream Smashed Potatoes with Fried Shallots
- Funeral Potatoes
Other Crowd-Pleasing Vegetable Sides
By now you already know that a pan of crispy-edged roasted veggies is totally irresistible. Add one more special twist, like plenty of garlic, some crispy bacon, or sweet and tangy orange juice, and you're well on your way to the veggies being the stand-out star of the table.
- Garlicky Roasted Broccoli
- Snap Peas with Meyer Lemon and Mint
- Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
Roasted Carrots with Orange
- Swiss Chard with Garbanzo Beans
- Lemon-Pepper Asparagus
Rice and Grains
Go beyond a plain pot of rice or grains, and I can guarantee it will be well worth it.
- Portuguese-Style Mint Rice
- Curried Corn and Coconut Rice
- Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice
- Creamy Spinach Parmesan Orzo
- Lemon Quinoa with Currants, Dill, and Zucchini
- Warm Beet and Farro Salad
Refreshing Salads and Slaws
If your house is anything like mine, a salad or a simple, crunchy slaw with dinner is a must. No matter what's in my meal plan, it balances dinner with something wholesome and refreshing.
- Marinated Feta-Beet Salad
- Every Pizza Place Salad
- The Easiest Tangy Cucumber Salad
- Minty Snap Pea Salad
- Carrot Tahini Salad
- Light & Easy Broccoli Salad
- Tangy Cabbage and Jalapeño Slaw
Veggie-filled casserole side dishes are always a good idea. You should count on going back for seconds with all the cozy, comforting recipes in this lineup.