Let's face it — sometimes the side dishes are just better. Yes, chicken is great, and we'll never say no to a burger, but really aren't we just here for the luscious sweet potatoes, perfectly crunchy slaw, and irresistible veggie casseroles?
Today we're celebrating the supporting cast of the dinner table with our 20 favorite scene-stealing side dishes.
No matter what variety you pick you, this humble root vegetable is super versatile and most of all knows how to deliver.
- Butter-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Salt & Vinegar Potatoes
- How To Make Steak Fries
- Garlicky Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
Other Crowd-Pleasing Vegetable Sides
By now you already know that a pan of crispy-edged roasted veggies are totally irresistible. Add one more special twist, like plenty of garlic, some crispy bacon, or sweet and tangy orange juice, and you're well on your way to the veggies being the stand-out star of the table.
- Garlicky Roasted Broccoli
- Quick Sesame Snow Peas
- Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
Roasted Carrots with Orange
Rice and Grains
Go beyond a plain pot of rice or grains, and I can guarantee it will be well worth it.
- Curried Corn and Coconut Rice
- Creamy Spinach Parmesan Orzo
- Lemon Quinoa with Currants, Dill, and Zucchini
- Warm Beet and Farro Salad
Refreshing Salads and Slaws
If your house is anything like mine, salad or a simple, crunchy slaw with dinner is a must. No matter what's in my meal plan, it balance dinner with something wholesome and refreshing.
- Minty Snap Pea Salad
- Carrot Tahini Salad
- Light & Easy Broccoli Salad
- Tangy Cabbage and Jalapeño Slaw
Veggie-filled casserole side dishes are always a good idea. You should count of going back for seconds with all the cozy, comforting recipes in this line up.