10 Showstopping Vegetarian Main Dishes for Thanksgiving
Turkey? What turkey? You won’t find that bird anywhere near these 10 vegetarian dishes, all gorgeous and hearty enough to serve as a main dish this Thanksgiving.
- Holiday Stuffed Pumpkin from Green Kitchen Stories: Almost too pretty to eat — seriously!
- Acorn Squash with Walnuts and Cranberry from Let the Baking Begin: We love taking cranberry from its side dish status and giving it a starring role in this dish.
- Wild Rice Stuffed Mini Pumpkins from Whole Foods Market: Give us mini anything, and we’re sold.
- Roasted Acorn Squash and Apples with Quinoa, Kale, and Tahini Maple Dressing from Edible Perspective: You can’t go wrong with a big platter piled high with delicious things.
- Vegetable Arty Tart from Stasty: Say what? Now this would get your guests talking.
- Butternut Squash, Apple, and Onion Galette with Stilton from The Food Network: So many good things together in this dish.
- Swiss Chard, Sweet Potato, and Feta Tart with Teff Crust from The Flour Sack: Set the table with a savory tart!
- Crispy Sweet Potato Roast with Herbed Coconut Crème Fraîche from Reclaiming Provincial: It’s all about the presentation here — just look at those sweet potatoes!
- Mushroom and Stout Pot Pies with Sweet Potato Crust from The First Mess: Individual pot pies take center plate.
- Roasted Squash with Shallots, Grape, and Sage from Martha Stewart: So rich and pretty looking.
Are you planning a vegetarian Thanksgiving? What will you be serving as your main dish?
More Vegetarian Thanksgiving Resources from The Kitchn
- Help Me Make a Festive Meatless Dish for Thanksgiving
- What’s a Good Make-Ahead Vegetarian Thanksgiving Main Dish?
- How Do I Enjoy a Vegetarian Thanksgiving Without Freaking Out My Family?