Sexy Celery: 8 Stunning Ways to Use Up Leftover Stalks
I’m totally with Dana on the celery dilemma. Whenever I buy a bundle for a recipe, half the stalks whither away in the drawer before I figure out what to do with them. The plan from here on out: give that leftover celery some sex-appeal.
The trouble is that celery is rarely the main ingredient in a dish. This makes it hard to envision doing much of anything with those leftover stalks besides throwing them in a stock or smearing them with peanut butter.
Let’s see if some of these recipes give us a few more ideas:
• Celery and Apple Granita from Gourmet – Such an unusual and undoubtedly refreshing combo.
• Celery and Endive Slaw from Martha Stewart – A sprinkle of bleu cheese brings it all together.
• Bulgur, Celery, and Pomegranate Salad from 101 Cookbooks – This one is going in the lunch rotation.
• Celery and Pear Bisque from Bon Appétit – An interesting twist on the basic cream of celery soup.
• Cumin-Scented Stir-Fried Beef with Celery from Epicurious – Stir-frying is a great way to add celery to a warm dish while keeping its crisp.
• Celery Risotto with Pistachio Pesto from Pham Fatale – Green, green, and more green. I love it.
Do you have a favorite recipe with celery as the star?