No-Worry Desserts for New Cooks & 7-Spiced Deviled Eggs This Time Last Year
Last year, we were whipping up chocolate whiskey pot de crèmes and chocolate-covered ice cream bites in the kitchen (while pausing for some deviled egg palate cleansers). Elsewhere, we talked about blind baking techniques, black-and-white kitchens, and sources for pretty cake decorations.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• These seven-spiced deviled eggs make an excellent midday snack.
• Our efforts at using pomegranate juice to naturally color red velvet cupcakes were…unsuccessful.
• Mini-tiered cake pans are adorable and surprisingly easy to use!
• A kitchen with these bakery-inspired details would be sure to bring out your inner baker.
• Simple and sweet: meringue kisses are one of our favorite treats.
• While they might make you feel European, these biscotti are all American.
• Check out the checkered floor in this black and white kitchen!
• Scared of baking? Here are eight worry-free desserts just for you.
• A round-up of our favorite sources for all those adorable cake-toppers, muffin cups, and edible do-dads you see in pastry shops.
• Fancy pants chocolate whiskey pot de crèmes are sure to impress.
• The difference between baking soda and baking powder, explained!
• Do you have special plates just for dessert?
• An amazing kitchen redesign. We love the subway tiles on the wall!
• Blind baking: here’s how it’s done.
• With beautiful cookie jars like these, we’d be sneaking cookies all the time.
• Some might have coffee or brandy; we’ll take one of these dessert beers.
• These chocolate-dipped ice cream bites seem like they should be impossible, but are actually surprisingly easy!
A Year Ago and a Week: Pairing Beer with Food and Cooking without Onions