Setting the Table With: Gold Flatware
What do you think of gold flatware? I never gave it much thought until recently, when it suddenly struck me how warm and beautiful it looks, especially when paired with a simple table setting.
If you thought gold flatware was too ornate and fussy, you might be in for a surprise. I found it most lovely when it was set on a warm, rustic wooden table and paired with white dishes. If you’re worried about it looking too rich but you’d like to experiment with an everyday setting, just stick to neutrals (white, cream, black, grey, brown) as your background and stay away from heavily saturated colors like reds and purples.
• 1 5-Piece Gold Flatware Set, $29 from West Elm
• 2 5-Piece Gold Cutlery Set, $70 from Canvas
• 3 5-Piece Gold Dipped Flatware, $38 from Anthropologie
• 4 Linea Ice Oro Five Piece Place Setting, $109 from Gretel Home
• 5 5-Piece Almoco Flatware, $30-$50 from Design Within Reach
Do you have any gold flatware? Do you use it everyday, or do you save it for special occasions?
Related: Look! Formal Dining on a Rustic Farm Table
(Images: 1. Emily Anderson for Rue Magazine; 2. Jose Villa via Momental Designs; 3. Martha Stewart; 4.Patrick Moyer via 100 Layer Cake; 5. Laure Joliet; 6-10 as linked)
Get the Kitchn Daily in your inbox.