Set the Table for a Thanksgiving Crowd with These Inexpensive White Plates
If you aren’t normally the host of your family or friend group, you might not have quite enough plates for all the guests you’re expecting to sit around your table this year. And while it’s easy to opt for paper or plastic plates for a more casual party, a formal affair like Thanksgiving calls for nicer things.
But white plates are one thing you can stock up on easily and inexpensively. Here are a few solid options that can be delivered before Thanksgiving Day.
5 Affordable White Plates to Buy in Bulk
- Porcelain Plates with Space-Saving Racks, $20 for 12 plates from World Market: Not only are these plates a great deal, but if you’re setting up your Thanksgiving meal buffet-style, the plate rack is a great addition. They are available in either 10 1/2-inch or 8-inch diameter.
- Coupe Dinner Plates, $13 for 4 from Crate & Barrel: These simple plates are classy, and the fact that they come from the Crate & Barrel online outlet is even better. You can add a couple extra sets without breaking the bank.
- Pilgrim Luncheon Plate, $3.50 each from Fishs Eddy: If you want the heavy, diner-style plates for your Thanksgiving meal, these are the ones for you. You just can’t go wrong with a pick from Fishs Eddy.
- FÄRGRIK Plate, $2.50 each from IKEA: These open stock plates from IKEA are a no-brainer, as long as you’re willing to brave the store. If you need a full set, you can also get six place settings (dinner plate, salad plate, and bowl) for just $20.
- Rim Dinner Plates, $13 for 4 from Crate & Barrel: If you prefer rimmed dinner plates, and want to try to match your set from Crate & Barrel, this set from the outlet is for you. You can’t go wrong with such a basic plate.
If you host a crowd at Thanksgiving, how do you set your table? Do you keep plates for two-dozen on hand, or do you buy or borrow extra?