Set a Patriotic Table for Independence Day
The 4th of July is barely two weeks away; do you have a big bash planned for your back stoop? Will the grill be going in full force? Well, we’re not waiting until the last minute to give you ideas for a classy Independence Day celebration. Here are a few recipes from the archives to get you thinking about Independence Day, plus a couple good ideas for the table that fit the theme.
• 1 A whole suite of paper goodies – We love these printable suites of party papers from Paper and Cake, especially this July 4th Tablescape. For just $8 you can download a whole host of goodies: invitations, placemats, drink parasols, cupcake wrappers, snack boxes, and more. Print and assemble at home.
• 2 Vintage French plates – The patriotic color combos, but with classy French flair. Vintage Faience Plates at P.O.S.H. Chicago.
• 3 Eight ways to grill the perfect steak – Are you splurging on steak for Independence Day? Check out these 8 tips for a better steak.
• 4 Red, white, and blue cocktails – This cocktail is a prettyy impressive and swank way to celebrate.
• 5 All-American cherry pie – This flag pie is an impressive change from all those flag cakes that are on the cover every food magazine this time of year!
More good ideas for planning Independence Day parties:
• July 4th Celebrations: The Importance of American Wines
• Straight Up: Top 4 Cocktails for the 4th of July
• Fourth of July Flag Cake: A Pretty, Round Alternative
Do you have any big plans for the 4th of July? Are you doing something new or creative this year?