Scientist Works to Grow Meat in Lab
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A scientist is working to create “carneries” or meat-growing labs. Plus, food you can inhale (literally), and NPR’s reasons why bacon is a gateway meat for vegetarians.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Why Bacon Is A Gateway To Meat For Vegetarians – NPR
• Rising Food Prices Can Topple Governments, Too – NPR
• Scientist works to grow meat in lab – Reuters
• Citrus plants to grow in the Bay Area – SF Chronicle
• More food banks offer fresh fruits, vegetables – USA Today
• Kids fed unhealthy foods learn to prefer them – USA Today
• Food is Now Huffable – NBC Bay Area
• Columbus, Ohio, a new destination for food lovers – Washington Post
• Basque glories – Financial Times
• Black Ops: Truffle Tours – TIME
(Image: Food News Journal)