We've all been there: You pack up a wholesome salad filled with lots of vegetables for lunch, but by the time noon rolls around you're starving and nothing could look more unappealing than said salad. So you tuck it back into your work bag and run out with friends to buy something.
Forget those days — here are 25 salads you'll actually want to eat! Not only are they filled with things like beans, chicken, and whole grains so they fill you up, but they're also loaded with enough flavor and crunch to hold your attention.
Veggie and Bean-Filled Salads
These meatless salads are a far cry from the plain ol' green salad you may have been packing. Using a mix of vegetables in some ensures things stay interesting, while adding beans and lentils to others lends a pop of protein.
- Anna Jones' Raw Thai Citrus Crunch Salad
- Farmers Market Salad
- Kale & Quinoa Salad with Dates, Almonds & Citrus Dressing
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Tomato Chickpea Salad
- Tomato and Feta White Bean Salad
- Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea Waldorf Salad
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers and Olives
Chicken and Tuna Salads
While sandwiches might be the first thing that come to mind when you think of chicken and tuna salads, these classic lunches are just as fabulous piled over greens and turned into a true salad.
- Chicken and Veggie Pesto Salad
- Zucchini Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Yogurt & Dill Chicken Salad
- Crisp Tuna-Cabbage Salad
- Greek-Style Tuna Salad
- Tuna & Cucumber Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Pasta and Grain Salads
For those extra-hungry days, let pasta and grain salads help you out. They're a bit heartier, yes, but still feel nice and wholesome.
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Antipasto Tortellini Salad
- Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad
- Bacon & Spinach Orzo Salad
- Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad
- Summer Farro Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers & Basil
- Barley Salad with Figs and Tarragon-Lemon Dressing
- Golden Beet and Barley Salad with Rainbow Chard