Soups are great for vegetarians. They're flexible (leave out the bacon, try vegetable stock instead of chicken), and they're nourishing and filling too. When we're on a soup kick we find ourselves eating vegetarian night after night. Here are some of the vegetarian soup recipes we've shared over the years.
Most of these are very vegan-friendly. Just ignore any instructions to add cheese.
• Spinach and Lemon Soup with Orzo - Leave out the thickening egg and this is promptly vegan.
• Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage, and Rice Soup - This is our favorite soup this winter. This is vegan already (although we do love this with turkey broth).
• Kale and Apple Soup - Leave out the pancetta, obviously.
• Cashew Tomato Soup - Spicy, rich, and vegan.
• Mushroom Soup - Super easy, and good left chunky or pureed smooht.
• Fridge-Clearing Lentil Soup - Clears the fridge of broth, veggies, and any other yummy little bits.
• Pomegranate Lentil Soup - Another lentil soup with the bright, seasonal flavor of pomegranate.
• Tomato and White Bean Panade - Beans and bread make this soup hearty and filling.
• Pumpkin Tortilla Soup - Warm, toasty pumpkin, cumin, and chilies.
• Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew - A slow cooker recipe!
• Sweet Potato and Tempeh Stew - Very satisfying!
• Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger - Another sweet potato soup, with ginger and miso.
• Creamy Leek and Yogurt Soup - Very easy and creamy.
• Creamy Black-Eyed Pea Soup with Cumin - Whole toasted cumin seeds and fresh thyme really liven up canned beans.
• Zucchini Garlic Soup - Creamy and rich without a drop of dairy.
Related: Soups for Every Season