Roundup: Vegan and Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Soups are great for vegetarians. They’re flexible (leave out the bacon, try vegetable stock instead of chicken), and they’re nourishing and filling too. When we’re on a soup kick we find ourselves eating vegetarian night after night. Here are some of the vegetarian soup recipes we’ve shared over the years.
Most of these are very vegan-friendly. Just ignore any instructions to add cheese.
• Spinach and Lemon Soup with Orzo – Leave out the thickening egg and this is promptly vegan.
• Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage, and Rice Soup – This is our favorite soup this winter. This is vegan already (although we do love this with turkey broth).
• Kale and Apple Soup – Leave out the pancetta, obviously.
• Cashew Tomato Soup – Spicy, rich, and vegan.
• Mushroom Soup – Super easy, and good left chunky or pureed smooht.
• Fridge-Clearing Lentil Soup – Clears the fridge of broth, veggies, and any other yummy little bits.
• Pomegranate Lentil Soup – Another lentil soup with the bright, seasonal flavor of pomegranate.
• Tomato and White Bean Panade – Beans and bread make this soup hearty and filling.
• Pumpkin Tortilla Soup – Warm, toasty pumpkin, cumin, and chilies.
• Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew – A slow cooker recipe!
• Sweet Potato and Tempeh Stew – Very satisfying!
• Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger – Another sweet potato soup, with ginger and miso.
• Creamy Leek and Yogurt Soup – Very easy and creamy.
• Creamy Black-Eyed Pea Soup with Cumin – Whole toasted cumin seeds and fresh thyme really liven up canned beans.
• Zucchini Garlic Soup – Creamy and rich without a drop of dairy.
Related: Soups for Every Season