Roasted Tomato And Eggplant Soup
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats, and this week we have a tomato soup that even non-fans of tomato soup can love. Eggplant, chickpeas, tomatoes, curry powder, cilantro? Wow! Plus pineapple paletas, savory monkey bread, and a discussion of paring knives.
• Roasted Tomato And Eggplant Soup – Distinctive and interesting — more than can be said for many, many tomato soups.
• Say Goodbye to Summer with Pineapple-Chile Paletas – Cool and sweet, with a spicy kick at the end.
• Bread Baking: Savory Monkey Bread – Donna Currie takes the cinnamon-sugar pull-apart rolls, and gives them a savory twist.
• The New Shape of Paring Knives – J. Kenji discusses his favorite paring knives.
• Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins – Just perfect for Sunday brunch.
Previous Good Eats: Bacon And Kimchi Fried Rice
(Image: Nick Kindelsperger/Serious Eats)