Recipe Roundup: Apricot Salads
Apricot season has already arrived in some lucky places, and we’ve been thinking of ways – besides eating out of hand – to enjoy these golden, velvety fruits. Many recipes feature apricots in sweets, and while we’re perfectly happy to eat apricot ice cream or crostata, we also like to use apricots in lighter, non-dessert dishes.
One of our favorite ways to serve them is in a green salad, where a few slices of fruit can provide a tinge of sweet and tartness. We’ve rounded up some other apricot salad recipes for inspiration:
• Apricot Salad with red currant vinaigrette, from Cook & Eat
• Arugula Salad with Grilled Fruit, from Giada De Laurentiis
• Caprese Salad with Apricots, from Kalyn’s Kitchen
• Carole Peck’s Apricot, Bok Choy and Mint Salad, from New York Times
• Fennel and Apricot Salad, from Cookthink
• Orzo Salad with Fresh Apricots, Pistachios and Ginger Oil, from Deb Ponzek
• Shrimp, Jícama, and Apricot Salad, from Gourmet
• Soft Wheatberry Salad with Zucchini and Apricots, from Chocolate & Zucchini
• Summer Salad with Apricots, Pistachios, and Almond Soft-Fried Eggs, from Dan Barber/Epicurious
• Summertime Salad With Apricot Basil Dressing, from Washington Post
When improvising, keep in mind that apricots go particularly well with nuts like almonds, pistachios, and pine nuts; citrus such as lemon and orange; and herbs and spices like black pepper, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and rosemary.
Related: Strawberries in Salads
(Image: Emily Ho)