We've been keeping an eye on Discovery Channel's Planet Green since Emeril moved over to the network two years ago. In addition to Emeril's cooking contributions, the network has built up a nice archive of recipes for clean, healthy eating. Most of them are vegetarian, but there's something for meat eaters, too – like tips on getting the most out of your free-range chicken.
Here are a few recipes and tips from the Planet Green archives that we'd like to try:
- DIY Hot Pockets – Healthy versions of the microwave snack made with whole wheat flour and vegetarian fillings.
- Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk – Make your own organic version of this pantry staple.
- Dairyless Chocolate Mousse – Adapted from Super Natural Cooking, this luscious dessert is flavored with amaretto.
- Vegetarian Curry Pot Pie – Root vegetables come together with a creamy curry sauce, topped with puff pastry.
- How to Roast a Free Range Chicken – Tips for getting the most out of your bird.
- Vegan Dumplings – Tapioca and rice flour dumplings stuffed with shitake mushrooms, Napa cabbage and bok choy.
- Stuffed Portabellos – These sound super healthy and tasty with a stuffing of sweet potatoes, ginger, pecans and chipotle pepper.
(Images: Sara Novak/Planet Green)