Light and Healthy Recipe Resource: Planet Green
We’ve been keeping an eye on Discovery Channel’s Planet Green since Emeril moved over to the network two years ago. In addition to Emeril’s cooking contributions, the network has built up a nice archive of recipes for clean, healthy eating. Most of them are vegetarian, but there’s something for meat eaters, too – like tips on getting the most out of your free-range chicken.
Here are a few recipes and tips from the Planet Green archives that we’d like to try:
- DIY Hot Pockets – Healthy versions of the microwave snack made with whole wheat flour and vegetarian fillings.
- Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk – Make your own organic version of this pantry staple.
- Dairyless Chocolate Mousse – Adapted from Super Natural Cooking, this luscious dessert is flavored with amaretto.
- Vegetarian Curry Pot Pie – Root vegetables come together with a creamy curry sauce, topped with puff pastry.
- How to Roast a Free Range Chicken – Tips for getting the most out of your bird.
- Vegan Dumplings – Tapioca and rice flour dumplings stuffed with shitake mushrooms, Napa cabbage and bok choy.
- Stuffed Portabellos – These sound super healthy and tasty with a stuffing of sweet potatoes, ginger, pecans and chipotle pepper.
(Images: Sara Novak/Planet Green)