Ready to be blown away by a super-delicious, super-chocolatey, and – best of all – super-easy dessert recipe? This variation on the beloved cake pop uses your favorite brownie mix as the fudgy base for a rich, silky-smooth DOVE® chocolate-topped pop. Make a huge batch for a party, or treat yourself to stave off the winter blues.
The video above tells you most everything you need to know, and the how-to details are below.
DOVE® Chocolate Brownie Cake Pops
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 2 hours
1 box family-size fudgy brownie mix
1 bag (9.5 oz.) DOVE® Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate
2 teaspoons shortening
Lollipop sticks (we used these)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownies as directed on box, using the recommended oil, water and eggs for fudgy brownies. Pour batter into a 9x9 pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 28-30 minutes until edges are firm and middle is set. Allow to cool for at least one hour.
- Remove cooled brownies from the pan and trim off the edges. Discard edges or reserve for another use. Or, you know, eat them.
- Crumble the remainder of the baked brownies into a large bowl. Use a 1.5-inch cookie scoop to scoop brownies into balls. Use your hands to smooth out the balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper, parchment paper or a Silpat. Insert a lollipop stick into each brownie ball. Freeze at least 2 hours.
- In a microwave-safe dish, heat DOVE® Chocolate and shortening on 50% power for 1 minute; stir.
- Continue microwaving and stirring in 30-second intervals on 50% power until melted and smooth.
- Dip a pop into the melted chocolate. If necessary, use a spoon to completely coat the pop with chocolate, and then remove it, letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place on prepared baking tray. Scatter sprinkles on the top of the pop while the chocolate is still wet.
- Repeat with remaining pops. If the chocolate starts to get thick as it cools down, just microwave for 15 seconds.
- Put the baking tray into the fridge until ready to serve.